Lionheart and its crew got off to a tremendous start, reaching Dover in less than 24 hours. Unfortunately a Force 6-7 westerly wind got up and they had no choice but to shelter in the harbour. The wind is expected to continue until Wednesday evening at least and rowing will be impossible until then. Lesley wrote on Facebook:
We’ve decided to take the boat out of the water and move it to Littlehampton from where we can row to Cowes on Thursday/Friday. Otherwise we wouldn’t get to Cowes in time for the crew change (and cause knock-on problems for later). Sad but we talked it over and concluded it’s the best choice. Laura and I are planning to cycle the hundred miles from here to Littlehampton so at least we’ve done it self-propelled. All part of the adventure.
If you are following the Boat Track you'll perhaps have noticed the unusual course. The tracking gadget is actually in Lesley's cycle pannier.